Friday, March 15, 2013

Easter Bunny Coffee Kozie

Coffee is an absolute morning staple, for me.  It only stands to reason to have a Kozie for every season and Holiday.
This first Easter Kozie uses my original Kozie pattern.  I just added a little to it to make the bunny.
Hope you love it.  :)

Swirls and Sprinkles: free crochet Easter bunny coffee Kozie pattern
Bunny coffee Kozie
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

What you will need:
H hook
G hook
Worsted weight yarn (I used white, blue, and pink)
Scissors
Yarn needle

Abbreviations:
ch-chain
sl st-slip stitch
st/st's- stitch/stitches
hdc-half double crochet
sc- single crochet
dc- double crochet
rsc- reverse single crochet

Special stitch:
Reverse single crochet (rsc):  Working left to right, work single crochet into last stitch worked.

Using color for the bunny (white in my case)
Ch 28
Sl st to first ch to form ring.  Do not twist.
Round 1: Ch 1, hdc each ch around.  (28 hdc)
Round 2-4: Repeat round 1
Round 5: Ch 1, [hdc in  next 13 st, 2 hdc in next st.]  Repeat 1 more time.  (30 hdc)
Round 6: Ch 1, hdc in each st around.  (30 hdc)

Round 7: Ch 1, rsc in each st around.  (30 rsc)
Fasten off.

Flip your work over to work around the bottom of the Kozie.

Join yarn with a sl st to the chain row.
Ch 1, rsc in each chain around.  Sl st to first rsc.  (28 rsc)
Fasten off and weave in ends.

Ears
Using color for the inside of the ear (pink in my case)
 G hook
Pink
Ch 10
1 sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 3 ch's, 1 hdc in next 3 ch's, 1 dc in next ch, 4 dc in last ch.
Working on the opposite side (bottom side of previous stitches) 2 dc in next st, 1 hdc in next 3 st's, 1 sc in next 3 st's, join with first sc.
Fasten off
Join bunny color (white in my case) to last st
Ch 1 hdc in first 8 st’s, 2 hdc in next 5 st’s (the dc‘s from last round), 1 hdc in remaining st’s. 
Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Weave in ends EXCEPT for tail for sewing


Sew ears to the top of the Kozie, using the long tails.

Use the yarn needle to make the nose, mouth, and eyes.
Small buttons would also be really cute for the eyes.  I think I will try them, next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment