Friday, August 16, 2013

Small Halloween Treat Bags

This treat bag pattern was really fun to make.  The bags themselves work up in about 15 minutes, so this is a quick crochet project.  They take a little longer to finish if you want to add embellishments. (like the ghost face or vine)
As Halloween gets closer, I am going to put a little treat in the bags for my kids and hang the bags on their doorknobs, for a little sweet surprise.
Once I know how many kids are in my son's class, at school, I am going to make a bunch of the pumpkins for their Halloween party.  :) 


What you will need:
H hook
Ww yarn (orange and green for pumpkin and white and black for ghost)
Scissors
Yarn needle


Abbreviations:
ch-chain
st/st's-stitch/stitches
hdc-half double crochet
sc-single crochet
Swirls and Sprinkles: free crochet mini treat bag pattern for Halloween.
Pumpkin mini treat bag
Swirls and Sprinkles: free crochet halloween treat bag pattern
Small Halloween treat bags
You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.


Magic circle
Round 1:  Ch 1, 12 hdc into circle. Join
Round 2:  Ch 1, 2 hdc in each st.  Join
Round 3-5:  Ch 1,  1 hdc in each st around.  Join
Round 6: Hdc2tog, 1 hdc in next 2 st’s.  Repeat around.  Join
Round 7: Ch 1, 1 hdc in each st around.  Join
Fasten off and weave in ends.

Draw String
Ch 45.  Fasten off.
Weave ch through the last row of stitches and tie the ends together.

Vine
Ch 10, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across.  Fasten off.
Attach vine to top of the bag.
Swirls and Sprinkles: free crochet halloween treat bag
Pumpkin treat bag
For the ghost bag I just took a length of black yarn and used my yarn needle to make the eyes and mouth.
Swirls an Sprinkles: Free crochet halloween treat bag pattern
Ghost treat bag


2 comments: